The spring months are always exciting at kin. This time of year we’re often wrapping some of our large seasonal projects and onboarding new clients for the summer months. Find out what our team (and our clients) have been up to in May!
– We also helped Kamloops based family business, Erwin’s Fine Baking & Delicatessen announce the launch of a skills-based contest they’re running, to hand their bakery, a beloved community staple, over to new owners in a very unique way. We’re helping this new client spread the word about the contest through media relations, social media and digital advertising. You may have already seen the news as this contest has already been picked up by some major outlets including CBC, the Vancouver Sun and Daily Hive.
– This month our team also led two media training sessions for both new clients Erwin’s Fine Baking & Delicatessen and Inspired Travel Group, ensuring their official company spokesperson felt comfortable, prepared and armed with knowledge for any media opportunities that come their way throughout our work together!
– Ongoing client Superflux Beer Company announced the launch of their new permanent patio this month! We supported by sharing the news via social media, conducting media relations and further promoted the launch by coordinating influencer visits to the patio! See the news in Daily Hive Vancouver, Georgia Straight and Curiocity, and learn more on TikTok from local creators Eliza Grace Hodgson and Sydney Clarke who stopped by to check it out!
– We also continued our efforts around the launch of Sandhill Wines’ 2022 Rosé hosting a virtual media tasting for two of their new rosés with new winemaker Sydney Valentino. We hosted top Canadian wine media leading to coverage in Globe + Mail, Vancouver Magazine, John Schriener on Wine, and others!
– Out in Ontario client Peller Estates launched a new sparkling wine, Secco Bubbles! We supported the launch by sharing the details on social media, through product seeding and influencer partnerships – stay tuned for a whole lot of bubbly content coming in June!
– FDF Brandz, one of our longstanding clients opened a new restaurant in Sechelt, a conjoined Famoso Pizzeria and Ricky’s Family Restaurant. We helped introduce the new location to the small Sunshine Coast community by inviting 14 local influencers and media to a special VIP opening event and coordinated giftcard giveaways with several of the influencers who attended!
– May was also a month where we wrapped up our last home show of the season, finalizing reports and conducting end of show wrap-up meetings with the talented show teams from Marketplace Events. This last season the kin team conducted strategy, media relations, social media, influencer and brand engagements and experiential events for four shows across the country including: Vancouver Fall Home Show (October 2022), Winnipeg Renovation Show (January 2023), BC Home + Garden Show (March 2023) and Winnipeg Home + Garden Show (April 2023). As a result of our efforts we generated millions of impressions and thousands of media and social media mentions for the shows this year helping drive awareness and ultimately ticket sales, attendance and revenue!
– May was also the kin team’s ‘return to office’ which meant more in-person meetings and several team members working in office at Suite Genius regularly.
– As a team we had our summer brainstorm (with most of the team participating in-person) as we began to plan out summer strategy for all our clients!
– The majority of our team did a Crisis Communication Webinar hosted by media monitoring software company Meltwater, helping us all gain insight on the latest industry insights about crisis communication.
– Kin team member Marin also completed her WSET Level 1, which now means the majority of the kin team is WSET Level 1 certified! Time to break open the bubbly to celebrate that!
– This month we also celebrated the birthday of our Agency Director Claire!
– After a busy start to the year spring was also the perfect time for a few of us to catch up on vacation with our team jetting off for some international fun including Marin who went to Nashville, Claire who vacationed in Puerto Vallarta and Brandon who hit up Cancun!