It’s officially Pumpkin Spice season but that doesn’t mean that the bustle that summer brought has slowed here at kin. From industry happenings, to travel, to client events, September has kept our team busy!
Read all about what we’ve been up to below.
– Account Lead Brandon celebrated 1-year with kin!
– Marin visited our Ontario VQA clients in Niagara-on-the-Lake for a video shoot to capture behind the scenes footage of harvest season at the Estates.
– Marin attended NKPR’s annual IT HOUSE celebrity portrait studio in partnership with PEOPLE Magazine and Entertainment Weekly in Toronto to support client Trius Wines being poured at several TIFF events.
– Virgo season! We celebrated Brandon’s birthday on September 1st and Pam’s birthday on September 10th. Happy Birthday to both!
– FDF Brandz, one of our longstanding clients opened new restaurants in Vernon, a conjoined Famoso Pizzeria and Ricky’s Family Restaurant. We helped introduce the new location to the community by inviting 11 local influencers and media to a special VIP opening event! – Ricky’s Family Restaurant also opened new restaurants in Camrose and Medicine Hat this month.
– Staying on top of this ever changing industry is important to us! Members of our team attended webinars including Sprout Social’s “TikTok for “serious” industries and brands” and the Bill C-18 Panel Discussion hosted by Talk Shop.
– Our team took part in a Quarterly Team Brainstorm for all clients to get our creative juices flowing this fall!
– Claire went to Beyoncé’s Renaissance world tour in Vancouver!
– New client Odihi hosted the Bigger Ideas Conference™. This event focused on women’s education and empowerment. We secured interviews with the founder Efe Fruci in the Georgia Straight, BC Business and CBC!
– Our client Danielle Riddle of Inspired Travel Group spoke with VITA about the effects inflation has on travel and how you can still achieve your dream vacations.
– Brandon, Mattia, and Riley attended Glory Professional’s live podcast in Vancouver.
– We onboarded new client, re:Naissance, producers of IndieFest. Founded by artistic director Debi Wong, IndieFest is an embodiment of the commitment of Vancouver-based re:Naissance to invest in its local artistic community. It aims to inspire both artists and audiences to envision a new and optimistic future. Learn more about IndieFest happening throughout Vancouver from November 17th to 26th here!
– Although it was a busy month, the team still found time to ‘play’. Pam traveled to Italy with her mom and sister, Claire enjoyed a staycation in Whistler, and Brandon went camping with friends in Lake Country.
– We conceptualized, coordinated, and executed a sold out event at client Sandhill’s Urban Winery in downtown Kelowna to celebrate the launch of Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer’s latest cookbook, Fraîche Food, Fuller Hearts. The event had 175 guests and tickets sold out within 48 hours! Watch a recap of the event here.
– We presented ongoing strategic plans for our clients Trius Wines, Peller Estates, Sandhill Wines and Gray Monk Winery this month. Keep your eye out this holiday season for some big giveaways and other fun activations!
We’ll be wrapping up the month of September at the Vancouver Fall Home Show this weekend at the Vancouver Convention Centre – West (September 28th – October 1st). We saw coverage in the Vancouver Sun, Global Open House, BC Living, Georgia Straight, Global BC and CTV Morning Live. Get your tickets here and join us!
We’re wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and we’ll catch you next month!